Play for stakes as you and your opponents place cards in the middle, counting as you add
How to play 99 (Ninety Nine) & What are the rules of 99 (Ninety Nine) in 2022?
The PackA standard deck of 52 cards (no Jokers) 3 tokens for each player (can be pennies, buttons, poker chips)
Object of the GamePlay for stakes as you and your opponents place cards in the middle, counting as you add. Go over 99 and lose a token and the round is over. The game ends when only one player has a token remaining.
The DealPlayers place their three tokens in front of them on the table, and receive three cards from the dealer.
How to playAs the play goes around the table, each player puts down one card. The point total starts at zero and each card adds its face value in points (example: a 5 is worth five points, a face card is worth 10 points) except for certain cards that have special values or meanings:
- A 4 reverses play (and does not change the total number of points)
- A 9 is a pass (and does not change the total number of points)
- A 10 subtracts 10 points from the total
- A King takes the point total to 99 (or keeps it 99 if the total is already 99)
- An Ace adds either 1 or 11 points, announced by the player who plays it